Thursday, December 29, 2011

deletion of the church on facebook

well many of you have been wondering "hey why the heck did that idiot delete me? is he just pissed and sending his rage out towards me? is he just mad at me? whats going on"
-well i am here to put an end to this entire thing and just come out and say most of it.
-i decided to remove the church from my friends list because i no longer want to stay connected with the church, i dont want to be "involved" with the church. if i had a choice to come to church or not i would most certainly would not come. not for anyone. this is an opinion and a thing that i have come up with with a few reasons which in my opinion are not neccesarily needed to be said. i have no personal matters to be against any of you.. well some of you.. and if you think i have no honest reason to be mad at you then its safe to say that you are clear from my rain of fire. i just in my opinion see the church as a whole, a untrusted and a place where no one is trustworthy. a year ago i woulda loved church, nine months ago i wanted to come less, few months ago it got better, last week i said i was done. i have no intention of recconnecting with the church. people who i have known there for years have changed. and well its time for me to move on. so again.. nothing personal with most of you.. if i have a thing that i want to get rid of [the church] im going to rid my profile from it. i dont want to discuss anything about this ordeal so i would like for it to be left alone. and when i come to church on sunday morning that i may not be confronted or be asked about it.
-lets be mature about it
-not mad at most of you
-deletion was not personal, for most
-confrontation is something i do NOT want
-ordeal, would like to be ignored and un spoken about

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you feel that way, but I can not accommodate your request. You have had a chance to express your opinion and you obviously wanted to, as evidenced by this post. I feel it is only fair that I receive the same option. My issue has very little to do with church and Facebook. It has much more to do with God and he is not on your list above. When I have briefly shared my opinion, Drew and I will leave you alone. However, do not think this is over. We will be regularly and fervently praying for you. If you would rather not discuss this at church, then I can come take you out for lunch to discuss this. I will not discuss this digitally though. As I said above, I feel it is only fair that I get a few brief minutes to express my opinion. I think in the last 2 years I have earned that much time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two more things I really feel I need to say and I promise I'll leave you alone. You probably don't care, but take from it what you will.

    1) You cannot slam the church, which is the body of Christ, or its people and say it's "nothing personal." That's ridiculous. You insult the church, you insult me and any person of God.

    2) Don't expect maturity in return when you have shown none. If you truly wanted to handle this situation in a mature manner, you would stand by every one of your words and actions and be ready to deal with whatever comes your way. The only thing you've shown me throughout this episode is that you can curl up, tuck your tail between your legs and quit when things get tough. You're capable of so much more. I still believe in you and won't give up on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok.
    1.not true, rejection and dislike, not true, your the only youth pastor iv had and the only one that was sane and normal and who i liked
    2. i did not delete you because i disliked you or andrea, not true, you two were not involved with the deletion. apparently you took it as such.
    3. i have wanted to not go to church for a long time, years in fact, and at a point in time before i didnt have to.
    4. and curl up, tuck your tail between legs and qui when things are tough is not true also. your examples of what you are labeling me as doing are not true. i stand by what i did. which honestly was not bad in my eyes. and honestly the only thying that i am going to want out of this is the not coming back to church anymore except for the sunday morning. i still love some of thepeople that go there. and alright say what you want to but in the end i still believe you have blown this out of proportion by far.
    but in all this thing WAS blown out of proportion i deleted everyone because of a total of 3 people.
    yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, thats why it is called the present
    ^ quote of wisdom
    -Jonathon Williams

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your words: "i stand by what i did. which honestly was not bad in my eyes." This is the problem in a nutshell - in YOUR eyes. You didn't give a single thought to how this affected anyone but you, and even if you did, you just didn't give a crap. Either way, it's self-centered. And this is the exact reason you don't want to be confronted or challenged on this topic. You just want to make your own rules, do what you think is right and expect everyone else to fall in line. Doesn't work that way, my friend. Especially with me and my family.

    You can deny things and say what you want to about how I took it as much as you want. When you more or less come out and say you don't want to be connected to me simply because I'm connected to the church, which you've labeled as "phony" and "corrupt" - how am I not supposed to take that personal? My entire professional life is now wrapped around helping people such as yourself and building relationships with you. Either you didn't think about that...or you just don't care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also want you to know that I don't say anything I've said here to attack you, to tear you down or make you feel bad. That's not my intention. I'm saying this to make you think. I'm saying this because I have a real leader, a real heavy-hitter on my hands who refuses to acknowledge it. You'd rather be angry at the world and throw up your hands than try to change your world. If I thought any of it would be lost on you, I wouldn't bother.

    ReplyDelete