Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving, Being Thankful

Well, what started up as something that the pilgrims and the native americans did in the beggining of our country ended up becoming this giant system that we all know and kidna celebrate in our country today. but do you know the meaning? i know what i think it is.
Whats your meaning of thanksgiving? Just.. saying "oh i am thankful for this, or that, and of course this"
My Meaning, whenever i am asked the statement what are you thankful for i would give out a responce exactly or close to this one "i am thankful for my mother who is always there for me, my father who provides for me, my brothers and sister who support me, my friends who encourage me, and i am thankful that i am living today with a good life that i have" yes.. sounds kinda generic but i am thankful for all of those things in life and thats mainly all i am thankful for right there. family like i always say is the number one thing in my life and i always will stick to that no matter what.
The average person in america would probably not even think of thanksgiving as a day to give appreciation for all the things that are good in your life that you have and all of the friends and family that you also have. they mostly think about the food that they are going to stuff down their throats and sometimes they even just dont celebrate it at all.. eh i wouldnt blame you. i dont think the whole food thing and all of this extra work should kinda be neccessary to celebrate thanksgiving properly. but i do think that you should look on this day as a day tha tyo uare supposed to acknowledge all of the good things that you do have in your life.
Melanie, ah wow this was pretty cool. i was watching "the x factor" the other night and well their theme for the week was "thankful" what are you thankful basically. well some people said friends, some people said boyfriends, most said mother, father, daughter but well this girl shockingly said that she was thankful for god and everything that he has done in her life and well i was kinda in shock that she just came out on live television and said this. i mean most people dont do this and well she came right out and said it. her statement was basically "everyone in my life has let me down atleast one before but i will always know that he will never let me down" and well gah.. that really made me think for a little bit.. yes everyone does let you down in your life.. and well she really made god seem good that night on that show.. let me tell you.. i was like woah.. gifted.. she said that whenever she was done and had no where to go she was thankful that she got to talk to him and let him do all of the work.. powerful stuff.. so now you should be able to say that i am thankful for god working in my life today even though i sometimes dont even realize it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jENnBZ11yg

No comments:

Post a Comment