Sunday, October 2, 2011

What Do We Do?

I have thought about this a few times in my many years of life and well i have noticed that Christians are a bit more.. outgoing then the others? good or bad? eh sometimes it can be good but gah it can get horrible at times. What other race goes up to you at random places of fun and shoves their religion down your throat. if you saw a group of Muslims or Buddhist say.. at the October fest preaching about their religion what would you do? well most Christians or well the older kinds would probably throw a bible at their face! why is that we are so.. violent? or blah about how our race is better then the rest. i know that we are supposed to look out for the good of the people but sometimes if i was some of those other people i would rather not have you shove your religion down my throat and let  me find my own path. Lets do a recap of what i just said.. anything click? well to me.. it makes it sound like the christian faith is a little blah towards anyone else that is not with their faith. they are to me turning their backs on you and condemning you to hell already. yelling at someone telling that they are wrong or saying that they are just stupid is not the way to save a soul. Its kind of a touchy situation you see? we need to save the souls but how? some people are just so against being preached to or.. they believe in their faith so strongly.. its kind of a lose lose situation.. so the questions stands.. What DO We Do?

2 comments:

  1. A big problem with Christians is that often we forget the love part of it all. Before we have the right to go blabbing about our religion to people we need to love them. They don't care what we have to say until they know we care. I've often heard it said, "Preach the gospel. Use words if necessary." If we are living like Jesus, then people will find us to ask us. Preaching at them shouldn't be necessary unless they come to a church service or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If we are living like Jesus, then people will find us to ask us. Preaching at them shouldn't be necessary unless they come to a church service or something." -- Andrea

    Exactly right, couldn't have said it better myself.

    If I had to choose, I'd rather my kid grow up to be the kid smoking pot than the kid telling him he's going to hell for smoking pot.

    I understand why other Christians irk you...they irk me and make my job 100x harder. You'll never figure them out, so don't even try. Just love them in spite of their imperfections. BUT, just know that nobody said you had to be like them. Find what works for you, do it, and don't worry about the naysayers. You don't have to please anyone but God and when that happens, everything else falls into place.

    I will never encourage you to be that ridiculously "in your face" about your faith to others. I doubt your parents would either from what I know about them. If you hear of somebody looking for a church home or youth group? Sure, invite them. If you see someone hurting, talk to them about Jesus if it feels right to do so. If someone asks you about your faith, answer their questions. Otherwise, witnessing is done by how you live your life. That makes the loudest statement to anyone.

    ReplyDelete